Good vision contributes to overall well-being and independence for people of all ages. For those with imperfect but correctable vision, many options can help to improve sight. These options most commonly include glasses, contact lenses, or laser surgery. Wearing contact lenses has many potential benefits.
But wearing and caring for contact lenses properly is critical to keeping the eyes healthy and preventing eye infections.
Let’s take a look at the safety and precautions you should take with contact lenses:
- It is possible to be allergic to contact lenses – consult a doctor immediately in case of irritation.
- Always wash and dry hands before handling contact lenses.
- Use only contact lenses prescribed by a licensed eye care practitioner.
- Don’t wear lenses longer than prescribed.
- Don’t use saliva or water to clean your lenses.
- Solutions can become infected through contact with lenses. Don’t let the bottle tip touch any surface, including your contact lenses.
Taking safety precautions while handling/wearing contact lenses is important, as it directly affects your eyes.