Working from home can be a dream for some while switching from a structured office environment to the comfort of your own home might be challenging for others. At home, there are many distractions, less accountability, and less communication than when you’re working in the office. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t still be productive.
There are lots of ways to keep yourself working productively from any location.
Let’s look at a few ways that you can use stay productive:
- Have a routine – The best thing you can do is to follow the same routine you were previously following before lock down. Take a shower, get dressed, and help your body understand it’s work time not sleep time.
- Tune in some music – Go ahead and play those jams loud and proud if that’s what gets you moving and sets your mood right, for work!
- Try to leave the house each day – Nothing will drive you crazier than being at home 24/7. It’s a great opportunity to go for a walk outside and clear your head.
- Take care of yourself – Make sure you eat a good breakfast so you don’t have to stop working when the hunger pangs kick in and schedule yourself a reasonable lunch break.
- Separate Work Time and Personal Time – Don’t extend the workday too far beyond what you planned, at the risk of burning yourself out.
- Interact – Make sure you have conversations other than work, with your friend, family, or colleagues. It will give you a break from the monotony of work from home.
Shifting your work environment to your home can be overwhelming, but with a few simple changes, you’ll find you can still have a productive workday.